A Core Scientists is required to support our Protein Technologies Facility (ProTech). ProTech offers services in molecular cloning, protein production in E. coli, insect, and HEK293 cells, as well as protein purification and biophysical characterization.
In your role you will be an essential member of the ProTech Facility and involved in all aspects of the biophysical characterization of recombinant proteins as well as their production and purification. Specifically, your primary tasks will include:
• Analysis of proteins and other biomolecules on our analytical platforms (Circular Dichroism, Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), SEC-MALS, NanoDSF, Microscale Thermophoresis, Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, Grating-Coupled Interferometry)
• User training on instruments
• Protein expression and multi-step chromatographic purification
• Expertise in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, or a closely related field
• Thorough understanding of the theoretical and technical principles of protein biophysical characterization (analysis of size, homodispersity, molecular interactions)
• Demonstratable practical experience in protein purification and biochemistry
• Self-organized and independent working style within a team
• Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required; German skills are an asset
• Enthusiastic, friendly, collaborative mindset and the ability to interact professionally with our customers
• Eagerness to adopt new technologies
Please note this call is open until July 31, 2023.
For further information about the position, please download the flier here:ProTech_biophysicist_biochemist_June2023